Laser Eyes of Love
Purr Pods Work Week
We usually start around 10am during the week and go until we just can't anymore…usually wrapping up around 7pm. Shoot me an email and let me know what days/evenings you're available.
Work Parties Coming Up
Saturday, June 8th and Sunday, June 9th
12 noon - 6pm
We can work later if the mood strikes.
Show up anytime**, leave whenever you need to.
Terra Incognita, 420 Ohio Avenue, Richmond CA, 94804
We're in the front shop - just holler through the screen door!
Be prepared to get dirty and hot...it's fun!
Wear cotton clothing…we are grinding metal and throwing sparks.
Bring work gloves and a water bottle.
We'll have drinks and snacks.
**Please let me know when you're coming,
include your phone number, by sending me an email:
purrpods (at) gmail (dot) com.
I'm still looking to build a solid team to come to my Richmond, CA shop.
Yes, there's a lot of busy work, but that is so important!
And no matter the task, each volunteer is helping to build giant cat sculptures as a team member (my Zoomies!).
* Wash metal rings (welded together to construct sculpture)
* Repair Cat Form #1
* Build a rolling stand with pipes/tubing to store and organize the rings
* Remove glue and drywall from interior of the sculptures
* Build second rolling platform
* Assemble Cat Form #2
* Clear side yard
* Build rain/sun shelter in side yard
* Roll cats into side yard
* Help remove cat sculptures from form
* Help put sculptures back together!
* Grind welds and clean cat sculptures
* Paint sculptures with Rust-Oleum
* Install lighting, sound, effects, etc.
Special Help - Folks with this knowledge and these skill sets - I need mew!!
I have ideas of what I want to do but need folks with some experience to help me get there.
* Welding - experienced, please.
* Sculpture Modularity - who can we break the sculptures down for transport?
* Structural Engineering - safety!
* Materials Selection - something better out there?
* Lighting - LED/Interactive/Sound Reactive
* Electronics - Capacitive Touch/Motion Sensing/Power
* Sound - Vibration/Sensory/Audio/Speakers
If you'd like to help or know someone in the Bay Area who would be interested, sign up here.