We Need Mew!
Updated: Jun 15, 2019
Help build giant cats this weekend!
Or if you're available during the week, that'd be cool too!
Saturday, June 15th and
Sunday, June 16th
12pm - 6pm (note time change)
We can work later if the mood strikes.
Show up anytime**, leave whenever you need to.
If you're available during week days, we could use you then too.
**Please let me know when you're coming,
include your phone number, by sending me an email:
purrpods (at) gmail (dot) com.
Terra Incognita, 420 Ohio Avenue, Richmond CA, 94804
We're in the front shop - just holler through the screen door!
Be prepared to get dirty and hot...it's fun!
Wear cotton clothing…we are grinding metal and throwing sparks.
Bring work gloves and a water bottle.
We'll have drinks and snacks.
I'm still looking to build a solid team to come to my Richmond, CA shop a few hours a week.
Yes, there's a lot of busy work, but that is so important!
And no matter the task, each volunteer is helping to build giant cat sculptures as a team member (my Zoomies!).
* Wash metal rings (welded together to construct sculpture)
* Grind welds (we'll teach you!)
* Remove glue and drywall from interior of Cat #1
* Help remove cat sculptures from form
* Help put sculptures back together!
* Build second rolling platform
* Assemble revised cat butt for Cat #2
* Assemble Cat Form #2 for Cat #3
* Clear side yard
* Build rain/sun shelter in side yard
* Roll cats into side yard
* Paint sculptures with Rust-Oleum or a rusting agent
* Install lighting, sound, effects, etc.
Special Help - Folks with this knowledge and these skill sets - I need mew!!
I have ideas of what I want to do but need folks with some experience to help me get there.
* Welding - experienced, please.
* Structural Engineering - safety!
* Materials Selection - something better out there?
* Lighting - LED/Interactive/Sound Reactive
* Electronics - Capacitive Touch/Motion Sensing/Power
* Sound - Vibration/Sensory/Audio/Speakers
If you'd like to help or know someone in the Bay Area who would be interested, sign up HERE for future work parties. You will receive a MailChimp email announcement.